2020 Ozanam Fall Golf Classic
Please join us for this fun event to see familar and new faces and help support the work of Oznam Hall.
Dear Friends and Family of Ozanam Hall,
My name is Steve Johnson and I am a member of this year's committee for the 2019 Ozanam Fall Golf Classic. This year our annual outing will be held on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at North Hills Country Club in Manhasset, N.Y. The rolling hills of this wonderful golf course are scenic and the multi-level tees provide an appropriate challenge for all. The club serves spectacular meals and beverages all day long and our hard-working committee sets the scene for high chances of winning fantastic prizes! So mark your calendar and join a beautiful day of golf, championship and support of Ozanam Hall!
My initial connection with Ozanam Hall was my beloved Aunt Marie Johnson who received four years of wonderful compassionate care. Early in her stay at Ozanam, Aunt MArie was active and sometimes feisty while participating on resident committees. This allowed me to learn of the talented team of veteran social workers at Ozanam, skilled at handling residents with professionalism and grace. Ozanam was her home, she was happy and content and upon her passing, the Carmelite sisters delivered her into the arms of our Lord Jesus Christ.
A few years later my beautiful mother-in-law, Joan O'Connell, took residency at Ozanam. When I asked her children for input into this letter, I received heartfelt responses of:
- "The staff exhibited true professionalism each and every day. Not only did they attend to the every need of Momma; the also took the time to speak with her and sit on her bed and engage her in conversation — which meant a lot to her."
- "I remember the display case in the Ozanam Hall lobby which commemorates the history and mission of the Carmleite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm. As part of their vocation, they honor the innate dignity of men and women who have gained wisdom from the experiences of long life."
- "I observed that the Ozanam professionals, support staff, and volunteers were compassionate and comforting to Mom. Those individuals are very special people indeed. They exemplify the spirit of Ozanam Hall."
- "The staff totally engaged with me when I visited. I felt completely comfortable and trusting of them."
- Please mark your calendars for September 12th and join us at North Hills Country Club for a wonderful day!
Fall Classic Golf Committee Member
To learn more about our upcoming events, please complete the form on this page or call us today at (718) 971-2621.